Friday, November 15, 2013

Thursday October 31st 2013 (Halloween Costumes)

Halloween Costumes

So this is more of a look what I did than a tutorial. But If you have any questions on how I did anything feel free to contact me and I'll get back to you as soon as I can. This year's costumes were Toothless the Dragon and a Train Driver.
The Train driver is just a pair of OshKosh overalls with a white long sleeve shirt and a train driver hat. I made this one, but they had them available at the OshKosh store for $15
Toothless was a little more complicated. It's a black Hoodie and I attached Spikes, ears, wings and a tail using fabric from Joann's. I also added some "scales" using fabric paint on the hoodie. The pants were just black sweatpants. We put old black socks over his shoes and glued felt "claws" onto some black mittens. The plan was originally to paint his face black and add green eyes around his eyes, but I got lazy when I realized how much of a pain it was going to be to keep a 3year old from rubbing his face and getting face paint everywhere...



No comments:

Post a Comment