Saturday, July 27, 2013

Saturday July 27 2013 (Wedding goodies)

My Cousin's wedding!

     Today's blog is more of a sharing ideas than a tutorial. Yesterday my cousin got married so today I decided to share with you some of the elements of the wedding that I helped with. As I get better pictures I will be sure to add to them!
First up are the Deco-mesh flowers that we used to add some color to the curtains. These things were a royal pain in the butt to make, but they added some color and a little bit of pop to the space.
The superhero shirts were for the groomsmen and the groom. They had a superhero logo on the front and their nickname on the back. I "screen printed" all of these for them to wear underneath their suits.


 I made these satin flowers for the bridesmaids hair just for a little bit of color. I also did the bridesmaids' hair as well as the bride's. Although the bride did have to help me pin my hair up, because unfortunately I cannot see the back of my head. That would come in SO handy with the munchkins!
 

These are pictures of the "toss bouquet" I made. I made a BUNCH of flowers to try and figure out what we wanted to use for our hair and of course I couldn't just let the extra ones I made go to waste! Plus this way the bride didn't have to throw her gorgeous real flowers that don't hold up very well to being thrown.
This is a terrible picture of it, but this is the hairpiece that I put together for the bride. It's saltwater pearls and swarovski crystals. It gave her the perfect amount of bling to complement her dress.

In Japanese culture the 1000 cranes represents good luck, so one of the other bridesmaids and I folded the 1000 cranes and the other bridesmaids picked a shadowbox to showcase them in. This was our gift to the bride and groom.

In closing I would like to say congratulations to them and that I hope they have many happy and prosperous years ahead of them!




2 comments:

  1. Awesome job on everything Kimi! Thank you very much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! It was a beautiful wedding. I'm just glad I could help!

    ReplyDelete