Sunday, April 28, 2013

Sunday April 28, 2013 (Cornhole)


Building a Game

Kiki is not a fan of car rides
So a while back the hubby played a game called Cornhole at a baby shower. He really enjoyed it so he thought it would be a good idea to get a set to have for the adults to play at the boys' yearly birthday party and other family get togethers. When he started looking into it I almost gagged when I saw the price tag on a regulation set, $100 minimum plus shipping!!! Are these people CRAZY?!?!? So I figured I'd bother my dad who has a gazillion tools and make one of our own for half the price (or less).
I found some online directions, downloadable in PDF format (YAY for iPads!) and loaded up the kids and dog to go visit my parents.

My Dad had the plywood already so all we needed was some 2x4s which my dad took me to get in his truck since 2x4s that are 8ft long do not fit in my car.

I did the measuring, but I let my dad do most of the cutting. I have a healthy respect for power tools and know when to stand back and let someone else who has more experience take over.




I do know how to use a drill so I did help screw the board onto the frame and mark where to cut the hole. I also helped drill the hole for the bolt to hold the legs on (which is the far right picture) but we didn't have any bolts long enough at my dad's house so he's going to bring some home from his shop and next time I head up there we will finish assembling it and then I get to paint it. In the mean time I'll make the bean bags for it.
Bailey
Star

These cute doggies are Bailey and Star, they are also my dogs, but unfortunately due to a lack of yard they can't live with us. My parents graciously allow them to stay with them since they have a big yard. It's always nice to visit them, but it's sad to leave them behind, especially Star because she mopes when I leave.

Pumpkin Progress

Wow these little guys grow fast! I count 12 plants out of the 19 so far. There is also some smaller sprouts coming up in the mint (right side of the picture) and the wildflowers (left side of the picture) but they are still really hard to see. Maybe my thumb is greener than I thought!


No comments:

Post a Comment