Monday, May 13, 2013

Monday May 13 2013 (birthday basket)

Birthday Baskets

So today was the hubby's birthday, he has expressed his desire to get a next generation gaming system and thus foregoing any gifts from me until they make their debut. But I'm weird and I hate when he doesnt have something waiting for him for hid birthday. The idea struck me when I was making edible bouquets, why not make a more manly version. So the munchkins and I went to the store and stocked up on some of the hubby's favorite snacks; Peanut butter M&Ms, Hersheys with Almonds, Andes mints, Slim Jim's, Dr. Pepper and Rockstar Super Sour Green Apple flavor energy drinks. I started off by picking a basket that would hold all the beverages and also have room for a block of floral foam. Then I stuck the foam in, covered it with wrapping tissue and put the drinks in. Then I used a low temp hot glue gun to glue the Slim Jim's, Peanut Butter M&Ms and Hersheys with Almonds to bamboo skewers that I had dyed green with food coloring. Looking back I wish I had dyed the skewers the day before so that they would be perfectly dry and I woudnt have to worry about my fingers changing colors. Once they were all glued to the skewers I used the Andes Mints as "leaves" for the candy and Slim Jim "flowers".  Once that was done I just stabbed the skewers into the foam block. I also printed up a couple "certificates" for a next generation gaming console, Next generation game, next generation extra controller and a gaming headset on cardstock, glued those to skewers and stuck them in as well.
Tada! the bet part is that it's not very pricey and it looks  fun. 

No comments:

Post a Comment