Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Tuesday May 14th 2013 (lazy tuna)

Oops!

Sorry I missed the blog last night, as a very unusual occurance I watched Grimm then passed out. Usually I am up very late, but I must have been tired yesterday. I didn't do much crafting yesterday that is shareable yet.( Spoilers!) But I will share what we had for dinner yesterday. It's fast cheap and pretty yummy. It's similar to a stroganoff, but with a twist.

Lazy Tuna

My mom used to make this meal for my sister and I when we were little and my sister dubbed it lazy tuna, the name stuck around and so has the dish. There are only 3main ingredients to lazy tuna;
2cups Rice
2cans Cream of mushroom soup
2medium cans of Canned (in water) or precooked tuna
We also do a vegetable with it, usually peas, but that is optional and you could eat any veggies you like with it. These ingredients feed our family of 4, technically it would feed 3adults because the boys combined eat roughly 1 adult portion. 
First thing you do is cook the rice. You can use white or brown, but my family prefers white rice.
Next empty the cream of mushroom soup into a pot. DO NOT add water or it will get too runny.
Drain the tuna and add it to the cream of mushroom soup in the pot. Stir it in and then heat on medium-medium high stirring frequently until it begins to bubble constantly due to heat.
While this is cooking heat up your veggie(s)
When they are all done serve the cream of mushroom and tuna over the rice and enjoy. You can put the veggies on top or you can have them on the side. Its a great last minute, tight budget meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment