Thursday, May 16, 2013

Thursday May 16 2013 (berry bouquets)

Last Day of Preschool

Today was the Rooster's last day of preschool. They got to have a picnic and play outside for a lot of the day. I learned my lesson that I should not make Nutella and banana sandwiches on hot days as his sandwich completely melted before he could eat it. Oh well, at least he had other food and I learned before he started kindergarten and went hungry for half a day. The Rooster LOVES fruit so when he saw the edible arrangements I put together for mother's day he decided that he wanted to give some to his teachers for their end of the year gift. I wasn't sure what kind of fruit they liked so I decided to go a little bit simpler and went with just chocolate covered strawberries since I know they are usually a pretty safe bet. I thought it would be funny to make a silly pun to go with the arrangements so I made little cards that read "Thank you so berry much for helping me to grow this year." Connor made a card and I wrote a little note to each teacher. Connor also picked out some flower seeds for the "to grow" portion of the gift. Here is how they turned out
Each arrangement has a dozen chocolate covered strawberries, the greenery on the bottom is baby spinach just like the mother's day arrangements.

No comments:

Post a Comment