Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Tuesday May 7 2013 (kitchen sink, s'mores, almond joy and reeses pieces)

Cookies cookies and more cookies!

So tomorrow the Rooster graduates from Preschool. His request for his after graduation dinner... Costco pizza with a fruit and cookie array for dessert. Yes, I realize how strange my child is, but I love him so I indulge him. I asked him what cookies he likes best thinking I could get away with one or two and his response... I like all the cookies you make. Well that would have taken me DAYS to make all of the cookie recipes I have made over his lifetime, so instead I picked some of the simpler ones that I know he loves. It still took me the majority of the day to make all of the cookies, but it could have been worse. The list of cookies I made was S'Mores cookies, Kitchen sink cookies, Almond Joy cookies and Reeses Pieces cookies. Below are the directions for making them.
Kitchen Sink cookies. 
These are an easy go to cookie and can even be gluten free if you use the right ingredients!

1cup shredded sweetened coconut lightly toasted
1.25 cups light brown sugar packed
1 cup granulated sugar
1.33cups creamy peanut butter
8TBSP butter softened
3 large eggs
2tsp baking soda
1tsp salt
4.5cups quick oats
1cup craisins
1 cup white chocolate chips
1cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
Bake at 375 for 10-12 min

S'mores cookies
These cookies are almost as good as camping.  I used cinnamon graham crackers for a little extra pizzaz.
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/3 cups flour
3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs (7 full graham cracker sheets)
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup Mini Hershey’s Kisses (or chocolate chips/chunks)
1 cup Jet Puffed Mallow Bits

Bake at 350 for 10-12min

Reeses Pieces cookies
These cookies are your basic chocolate chip cookies with an added peanut butter kick.

1 & 1/8 cups flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/2cup softened butter
1/4+1/8 cups granulated sugar
1/4+1/8 cups brown sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla
1egg
1package Reese's pieces (baking aisle approx 11.5oz)
bake at 350 for 8-10min

Almond Joy cookies
This was the first time I attempted these cookies and they were really good. I prefer my cookies a little thicker though so I think next time I will make a couple of changes. But if you like crispier cookies here is the exact recipe I used for these. 

1 & 1/8 cups flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/2cup coconut oil
1/4+1/8 cups granulated sugar
1/4+1/8 cups brown sugar
1/4tsp almond extract
1/4tsp coconut extract
1egg
1/2cup shredded coconut
1/2cup chopped almonds
1king size or 6fun size almond joy candy bars chopped up.
Bake at 325 for 10min

So that was how I spent my day. Baking cookies and running the Rooster to and from school. Hopefully these and the Costco pizza will make him a happy kid tomorrow. If not I know the fruit will!

No comments:

Post a Comment